Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 4-Continued-Success...

So, I have successfully downloaded tiles in the area that I am interested in! They look quite nice and I have georeferenced one of them to another one (benefits of this I am not yet sure). I did this since one of the tiles that I download did not have any spatial reference data so it was worthwhile to have it oriented in a similar fashion as the other stuff.

All of the following tiles (which I believe are the 16 or 8 day cycles of the burned terra product) seem to fit snugly around there. However, the 1km resolution that MODIS has really takes its toll on detail. The coastline is very rough and I am unsure in certain regions if the difference in value for the pixel is because of a burning event (as assumed by the title) or because it is under cloud cover.

The formation above some of these suggest cloud cover. However, I am still learning about this whole remote sensing dealio so I at least have good questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment