Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 6-ASTER, Cost

After poking around on a very, very bad website I finally found a costs table for the different data types available from ERSDAC website. Data levels 1-2 are 9,800 yen per scene which, at the current exchange rate, is about $120. Not too much, but truly not great, if we wanted to use more than one image that starts getting to be more than I'd like to spend. Also I am not quite sure if this is accurate anymore since it hasn't been updated sine March 2004 (at least this section of the webpage). I would assume then that it has gone up in the recent years but I can't know until I put in an order, which I am reluctant to do at the moment.

Though they do give a good flow chart as to what you should do with the webpage, found at http://www.gds.aster.ersdac.or.jp/gds_www2002/exhibition_e/a_products_e/set_a_produ_e.html.

On to Landsat-5

No comments:

Post a Comment